Bloomsbury Publishing Plc ("Bloomsbury" "we" "our" "us") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act") the data controller is Bloomsbury Publishing Plc (Company Registration Number 1984336), 50 Bedford Square, London WC1B 3DP.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by email or by filling in forms via the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use or subscribing to further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence or contribution and any personal information contained in or on it.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your usage of the App (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access. This is explained further below.
Tracking information and cookies
We may collect information about your device, including where available your IP address, unique device identifier (UDID), operating system version, and device type for system administration and for the purposes of analyzing usage patterns. This information does not include personally identifiable information about you, but they are unique to each user so that we are able to distinguish between users.
The anonymous information we collect will help us to improve the App and to deliver a better and a more personalized service to users. It enables us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To recognize you when you make use of the App.
We may use tracking information as described above in aggregate form to improve the App and services offered on it by carrying out statistical analyses of users' activities and by measuring user demographics and interest in specific areas of the App. We may also provide such aggregated statistical data to our partners, including for the purposes of helping advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target via the App. None of the aggregated statistical information provided to such partners personally identifies individual users of the App.
Uses made of the information
We may use information collected and held about you in the following ways:
- To personalize the way content is presented to you according to your individual preferences and interests.
- For service administration, which means we may contact you in connection with services (e.g. newsletter services) or products that you request from us or with queries.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- For statistical and marketing analysis.
- For the purposes of administering, maintaining, developing, and improving the App.
- To notify you about changes to the App and/or our services.
You will not receive unsolicited marketing communications from us and/or from third parties selected by us unless you have registered with us and expressly agreed to this.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- To the extent necessary to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or to fulfill any request you have made for particular services.
- In the event that we sell all or substantially all of our business or assets to a third party, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets, and may sell and transfer personal data collected through the App in connection with and pursuant to the sale of any such business or assets.
- For marketing purposes (by third parties), but only where you have consented to such disclosure when submitting your personal information.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any terms and conditions relating to your use of the App; to operate our systems properly; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bloomsbury, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may disclose your personal information to data processors, agents, subcontractors, and other members of our group in connection with the uses described above.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to advertisers, but as explained above we may provide them with aggregate information about our users.
Where we store your personal data
The transmission of information via the internet is not secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via email from within the App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by choosing not to tick certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at and asking us to cease contacting you for such purposes
You can opt-out of all information collection by uninstalling the Application. Use the standard uninstall processes available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you'd like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Application, please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Application to function properly, and we may be required to retain certain information by law.
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
Access to information
Under the Act you can ask to review personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected by contacting us at . Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.