Terms and Conditions
Authorized Users may:
- Access the desktop application containing the Reeds Nautical Almanac in order to search the Almanac and to view, retrieve and display portions thereof;
- Electronically download and save short extracts from the Reeds Nautical Almanac;
- Print out single copies of limited portions of the Reeds Nautical Almanac;
Authorized Users may not:
- Make electronic copies of the Reeds Nautical Almanac except to the limited extent permitted above;
- Remove or alter the names of the editors of, and contributors to, the Reeds Nautical Almanac, or any copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the Reeds Nautical Almanac;
- Systematically make printed or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the Reeds Nautical Almanac for any purpose;
- Display or distribute any part of the Reeds Nautical Almanac on any electronic network, including, without limitation, the Internet and the World Wide Web;
- Permit anyone other than Authorized Users to access or use the Reeds Nautical Almanac;
- Use all or any part of the Reeds Nautical Almanac for any Commercial Use;
- Publish, distribute, or make available material based upon the Reeds Nautical Almanac, or works which combine the Reeds Nautical Almanac with any other material;
- Alter, abridge, adapt, or modify the Reeds Nautical Almanac, except to the limited extent necessary to make them perceptible on a computer screen.
Validity of free access tokens:
Tokens offering free access to the Reeds Nautical Almanac are valid only for the lifetime of the print edition of the Almanac into which they are inserted. For the avoidance of doubt: tokens inserted into the 2011 edition were valid between September 2010 and December 2011; tokens inserted into the 2012 edition were valid from September 2011 and will continue to be valid until the end of December 2012.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc ('Bloomsbury') operates a 'take-down' policy and reserves the right at any time to withdraw from the Reeds Nautical Almanac any item or part of an item that Bloomsbury no longer retains the right to publish. If Bloomsbury determines that any material may be defamatory, obscene, unlawful, a violation of copyright or otherwise objectionable, Bloomsbury reserves the right to withdraw such material from the Reeds Nautical Almanac, or cease to provide online hosting services hereunder for any Reeds Nautical Almanac or part thereof.
Every attempt has been made to contact copyright holders of images produced in the Reeds website. If copyright holders have not been properly acknowledged please contact us. Bloomsbury will be happy to rectify the omission in future releases or to take down the image, as appropriate.